Millions of webmasters are using Google Website Translator plugin on their site. It helps them to target people speaking different languages. When a visitor visit the site where the translator plugin is installed he/she can quickly translate the site’s content using the plugin to his/her language. But it’s not a must now-a-days. Browsers like Chrome has built-in translation feature which automatically suggests translation. Google released Website Translator plugin back in September 2009. Since then millions of webmaster has been installed this plugin on their site. If you use Google Translate or Bing Translate you may have noticed that the translated page is not 100% perfect. You can see in some places sentences are not formed well.
Related Reading : Why should we try Bing Translator?
If you are using Google Website Translator plugin on your site, then you can now tweak Google Website Translator translation results. Here is the steps.
- Add Website Translator to your site (if you haven’t added already).
- Then translate a page into any of your familiar language from the available 60+ languages using the Website Translator.
To tweak a translation:
- Hover over a translated sentence to display the original text
- Click on ‘Contribute a better translation’
- And finally, click on a phrase to choose an automatic alternative translation – or just double-click to edit the translation directly.
Source : Google Translate Blog