“Be there – from anywhere”. I like the slogan of ooVoo as well as its name. ooVoo is a free video calling service for different platform. With ooVoo, you can easily make FREE video calls between computers running Windows or Mac OS. What more! you can use ooVoo Mobile for Android to make FREE video calls between computer and mobile phone.
Using Your Computer
ooVoo offers the ability to video chat face-to-face with family and friends, anytime and anywhere. All you need is broadband internet access and a computer with a webcam and microphone (a headset works great if you have one)
How to Make Free Video Calls from ooVoo:
- In the Contacts tab, you will see a list of your friends. They must be online to video call them.
- You have three options to start a video call
- Double click on your friend’s picture
- Click once on the video call icon to the right of the friend’s picture, or after you highlight your friend’s picture, click on the Video Call icon at the very bottom of ooVoo.
Once in a Video Call
- If your friends have ooVoo:
- You can always add more ooVoo friends on video by clicking on the “Invite” tab in the upper right corner of the video call window
- If you want to video call with friends who do not yet have ooVoo:
- Click on the Web Video Call tab, and email or text your Web Video Call Link to your non-ooVoo friends.
- After they click on the link, they will join your running Video Call from their Web browser.
- Video calls, 2-way (ooVoo to ooVoo)
- Audio calls, 2-way (ooVoo to ooVoo)
- Record and send video messages to friends or to email address
- Video and audio call with friends who don’t have ooVoo
- Emoticon effects added to text chat
- Text chat and text chat history (ooVoo to ooVoo)
- Technical support
- Embed a video chat room in a website
- Send files up to 5MB
Supporting OS :
Windows : XP, Vista or 7 (Mobile compatible)
Mac : Tiger, Leopard or Snow Leopard (OSX 10.4 and up)
Download free ooVoo here.
- 6-way Video Chat–video chat with multiple friends at once
- Text Chat–Text with up to 6 friends at once
- Web Video Call–Friends who don’t have ooVoo can video call with their Web browser
Type http://m.oovoo.com into your mobile browser to get ooVoo Mobile.
Find the list of compatible devices here.
Works with WiFi, 3G and 4G
Note : Different paid plans are also available.